CLARA’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL
ORGANIZATION: PRAGATI KENDRA
NAME: MRS.VANITA PATIL
Awareness Generation Programmes Organised-
i) Posters prepared by the cell and displayed in each department/section of the Institute.
ii) Poster Competition arranged on the topic “Women Development As I see it”-
1) Posters prepared of the cell and displayed in each department/section of the institute- 2012
2) Gender Sensitization program conducted by Mumbai University is planned for approx. 1400- First year diploma, Degree (U.G.) and P.G. students.
3) Safety audit of the institute is carried out with the help of student volunteers & Akshara (Govt. recognised NGO).
4) Circulars received from Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra & Maharashtra Police regarding preventive measures against sexual harassment is circulated from time to time.
5) The Experimental Theatre Foundation &Akshara presented the play “Ched Chad Kyon?”
The play entitled Ched Chad Kyon?( Why Eve-Teasing Violence against Women?) revealed the deplorable aggression endured by women all over the country in schools, colleges, public transport, on road, at the workplace, etc. the scenes depicted various forms of harassment and how women are silent recipients of it. The play concluded that women had endured enough and it was time for them to be assertive, stand up for their right and make living worthwhile for themselves.
Cases Reported to the Cell – For each case reported to the cell, detailed separate enquiry was conducted & report (with all details) was submitted